Author Topic: [PSP] Acidmods A2D Board  (Read 15154 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
[PSP] Acidmods A2D Board
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

Mini Fact:
CyberPyrot designed both the A2D board and the PS2 anlog conversion to dual joystick for PSP.

Well we where eager to test the possibilities of dual nub after the discovery of the second PS2 stick to the PSP. We figured if we redesigned the Sony nub PCB to accommodate the digital signal of the face buttons like we did with the PS2 joy we could stick a second nub in the PSP on the right side. To our excitement everything went well and the mockup of the first A2D board crafted by none other then Can We Hack It? Was a complete success but to out utter dismay we where still unable to get the nub completely under the face plate. How ever the feel of the new nub made up for the lack of aesthetic appeal. From this mod there where many spin offs like some mini tilt nubs but none had that same balance as the original nub. But this small breakthrough paved the way for endless possibilities you will see further down in the book one main breakthrough was called code name “Doc Oct”. This mod F00F00 grafted an entire PS2 controller to the PSP. This small achievement has painted a clear picture to Sony to what there customers want in a handheld. The way this new board works is it takes what was an analog signal and changes it into a digital switch. Meaning when some one moves this new nub in a direction it closes one of the face buttons. When moved diagonal it closes two buttons in pair allowing the user to now go diagonal. Keep your eye out for more mods this little discovery spawns.

As you can see when designing new technology there are always bad designs if you look at the first two pictures we hade a few flawed attempts before we landed on our final design. Perhaps even this design won’t be the last some one reading this may be inspired to redesign this board to the next level.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:58:40 PM by laxboy »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal